Last month, I made the Spicy Basil Beef Salad from the Cooking Light magazine and there is another recipe that I earmarked: Sauté Pork with Tomatoes.
I hardly ever make pork chops at home, and thought the recipe looks very delicious, colorful, and easy to prepare.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- Asian-Brined Pork Chops
- Stir-Fried Brussels Sprouts and Pork in Black Bean Sauce
So I got myself some pork chops, some grape tomatoes, and made everything on my skillet.
It took only 15 minutes to make.
I love simple ingredients and like to prepare quick dinners so I don’t get stuck in the kitchen for too long.
This is an amazing recipe to make for your family, especially on busy weeknights.
The pork chops are tender and juicy, the seasonings and the tomatoes make them super delicious and they go well with a simple pasta or rice dish.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 113 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil
- 4 boneless center-cut pork loin about 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Chinkiang vinegar, black vinegar
- 2 cups red and yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- Sprinkle the pork chops evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Heat up a large non-stick wok or skillet. Add in 1 teaspoon oil, coat well. Cook the pork chops until desired tenderness.
- Transfer the pork chops to serving plates. Add in the remaining oil. While the oil is heating, combine and toss the tomatoes with the remaining salt, ground pepper and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- When oil is ready, add the sliced shallots and minced garlic and cook until aromatic. Next, add in vinegar and stir well. Gently add the tomatoes into the wok and stir to combine. Cook until the tomatoes are soft, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add in 2 tablespoons chopped basil and stir well. Divide the tomato mixture equally among the pork chops and garnish with the remaining basil. Serve with warm steamed rice.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 113Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 15mgSodium 307mgCarbohydrates 4gSugar 2gProtein 4g