What is Cucumber Salad?
Cucumber salad is a staple side dish that goes well with any dinner that you can make. Cucumber is so versatile, changing depending on the sauce that you decide to use.
There are many different versions of this salad, from American to Asian. This delicious recipe uses Thai ingredients as its sauce, making it a Thai cucumber salad.
Thai food is very delicious, being sweet, savory and spicy. When you make cucumber into a salad, it pairs well with all kinds of Thai food!
Thai Cucumber Salad Recipe
I love this salad and can never have enough whenever I dine out at Thai restaurants. I decided to make it at home so I can eat as much as I want.
The good thing about this recipe is that I don’t even have to cook. It’s so easy to make since I just have to marinate the cucumber and make the salad dressing. Combine both of them together and it is ready to serve!
Ingredients for This Recipe
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Roasted peanuts
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it Healthy?
Yes, this Thai salad is extremely healthy with plenty of nutrients from the cucumber.
Is Thai Cucumber Salad Vegan?
The best part of this recipe is that it is indeed vegan and vegetarian.
How Many Calories?
This recipe is only 131 calories per serving. Make this delicious side dish today to pair with your favorite Thai dishes.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served as a side dish. For a wholesome Thai meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb cucumber, cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Add salt to the cucumber, mix well and set aside in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. In the meantime, make the Dressing, by combining all the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Turn on the heat and reduce the Dressing a bit so it's slightly thickened. Let cool.
- Drain the salt water from the cucumber completely. Toss the cucumber, onion, and mix with the Dressing. Top with the peanut and cilantro, serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 131Total Fat 3.2gSaturated Fat 0.5gSodium 339mgCarbohydrates 24.4gFiber 1.4gSugar 19gProtein 2.6g