I had this French roasted potatoes a couple of weeks ago when traveling in the islands of French Polynesia. As the name implies, the food is heavily influenced by French cooking, with local flavors fused in.
Every morning, my hotel would provide buffet breakfast with these amazing potatoes.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I love all kinds of roasted potatoes. This recipe combines onions and bell peppers, which brings amazing aromas, sweetness and peppery nuance to the dish.
The onions are nicely caramelized and the bell peppers are soft and tender, together with the perfectly roasted baby potatoes, this recipe is divine.
It’s very easy to make this dish with an active time of only 10 minutes. 30 minutes in the oven and the side dish is done.
This French roasted potatoes are healthier as it’s made without the butter. Try the recipe and I am sure you will love it.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 210 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4kg) baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1/4 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Clean and rinse the baby potatoes with water, pat dry with paper towels. Add the olive oil to a skillet (cast-iron preferred). Add the onion, green bell pepper and red bell pepper, stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add the baby potatoes, salt and ground black pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Cover the potatoes with aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from heat, top with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 210Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gSodium 205mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 3g